Boost Webex events with certificates: Learn to create, send, and enhance participant recognition in this guide
Webex is an effective tool for holding virtual conferences, seminars, training sessions, and meetings. Using Webex, you can communicate with your audience in real-time, share content with them, and establish a connection. However, did you know certificates for your Webex events can also be created and sent?
A wonderful approach to thank and honour your guests for their involvement, learning, and participation is with certificates. Additionally, you may improve loyalty and referrals using certificates. By sending them certificates, you can express your appreciation for your participants' support and input and your value for their time and effort.
Creating and sending certificates for Webex events can benefit you and your attendees. Here are some of the reasons why you should consider creating and sending certificates for your Webex events:
- Certificates can increase attendance and engagement.
- Certificates can assist you in increasing your reputation and authority.
- Certificates can aid in the development of trust and loyalty among your attendees.
- Certificates might assist you in generating additional recommendations and prospects.
But how do you create and send certificates for Webex events? In this article, we will answer this question and more. We will also show you how to create and send certificates for Webex events in a few easy steps.
Webex Meetings and Webex Webinars are two distinct products Cisco Webex provides, a premier online collaboration and communication platform. Both tools enable you to host online events with audio, video, chat, and screen-sharing capabilities. However, they differ significantly regarding aim, audience, functionality, and control. Here's a quick comparison between Webex Meetings vs Webex Webinars:
- Purpose: Webex Meetings is designed for hosting interactive and collaborative meetings with your team, clients, or partners. Webex Webinars is designed for hosting large-scale and one-to-many events, such as webinars, trainings, or conferences, with your prospects, customers, or learners.
- Audience: Webex Webinars can accommodate up to 3,000 guests at each event, depending on your plan. Webex Meetings allow all participants to join with full audio and video capabilities. In contrast, Webex Webinars allow only the host and panellists to join with full audio and video capabilities and attendees to join with view-only access.
- Functionality: Webex Meetings and Webex Webinars share common features, such as recording, polling, Q&A, chat, and breakout sessions. However, Webex Webinars also offers additional features, such as registration, email reminders, custom branding, analytics, and integrations with marketing tools.
- Control: In Webex Meetings, all attendees can participate in the discussion, whereas in Webex Webinars, hosts have greater control over the presentation, managing who can interact with the audience and deciding when to open up audio or video permissions for others.
Webex Meetings and Webex Webinars are powerful and reliable solutions for hosting online events, but they cater to different needs and goals. You should choose the product that best suits your use case, budget, and expectations.
Step 1: Setup Webinar / Meeting in your Webex Account
The first step is to set up your webinar or meeting in your Webex account.
To set up a Webex Meeting
- Sign in to your Webex account and go to your space.
- Tap the activity menu and choose "Schedule."
- Select "Schedule a meeting" and edit the meeting topic, date, and time.
- Add attendees by entering their names or email addresses.
- Choose a Cisco Webex room or desk device by selecting "Scheduling" or "Room Finder" and then "Add Room."
- Send the meeting invite to the attendees.
To set up a webinar in Webex, follow these steps:
- Sign in to User Hub.
- Click the Schedule drop-down menu and select Schedule a webinar.
- Enter the webinar information, such as topic, password, date, and time.
- Select whether you want a webinar in webcast view.
- Add attendees to Webex Webinars.
- Locate your webinar, and select Start.
- If you're hosting a webinar in webcast view when you're ready to begin broadcasting, click Start webcast, choose the streaming layout, and then click Go Live.
Step 2: Configure Certificate / Badge design in Certopus
The next step is to configure your certificate or badge design in Certopus.
Sign up for Certopus from https://app.certopus.com
You can use Certopus templates or create your own using its easy-to-use editor. You can customize your certificate or badge with your logo, colors, fonts, images, and placeholders for the webinar title, date, duration, speaker name, and attendee name, and you can also use your custom design. You can also add a QR code or URL that links to a verification page where your attendees can verify the authenticity of their certificate or badge. You can customize the verification page with your logo, colors, fonts, images, and call-to-action button or link.
You can follow the steps until you design the certificates from this video. Also set up email content for the event.
Step 3: Integrate Certopus with Webex
- Navigate to the integrations page from your Certopus Dashboard. (Make sure you have set up your organization and event)
- Click on the "SIGN IN" button in the Webex integration section.
- Click on "Allow" after signing in.
- You now have the ability to navigate through the meetings and webinars that are scheduled in the Webex account you have access to, you can select the Webex meeting/webinar for which you want to configure the integration. Click "CONFIGURE" if the event is scheduled to happen. Else, click on "IMPORT PAST DATA".
- Select the Certopus event and recipient category under which you need to issue credentials; it will take credential design and the email template you saved. You can also set a minimum time criteria to ensure that only participants who have spent at least a certain amount of time in the meeting or webinar will receive the credential.
Auto Generate: If you want the credentials automatically generated when the meeting ends, you can set this option on. Only participant data will be added to the recipient section if this option is turned off.
Auto Publish: If you want the credential email to be automatically sent when the meeting ends, you can set this option on. If this option is turned off, you must manually schedule the email from the Mailing section.
If you need help, refer to https://help.certopus.com/en/articles/8559612-webex-integration-guide-how-to-connect-webex-with-certopus or contact us via live chat on Certopus.
Can I track which participants have received certificates in Webex Meetings and Webinars?
Webex Meetings and Webinars offer tracking features, allowing organizers to view and export a list of participants who have received certificates. This feature helps maintain records and ensure that all eligible participants are appropriately recognized.
What is the purpose of generating certificates for Webex Meetings and Webinars?
Generating certificates for Webex Meetings and Webinars serves as a way to acknowledge and validate participants' attendance and participation in the virtual events. It adds a professional touch to the sessions and can be useful for various purposes, such as training programs, workshops, or conferences.
How do I create a certificate for a Webex meeting or webinar?
You can create a certificate for a Webex meeting or webinar using Certopus, a powerful and easy-to-use tool that integrates with Webex and allows you to design, generate, and deliver personalized certificates to your attendees via email
Schedule a demo to learn more about Certopus for your business use case, or if you have any questions, please contact us. We would be delighted to assist you. Finally, if you're on social media, follow us to remain informed about our latest developments and learn more about digital credentials like certificates, badges and micro-credentials.
How to Generate Certificates for Zoom Meetings and Webinars: A Complete Guide
Learn how to generate certificates for zoom meetings and webinars in this complete guide. Find out why zoom certificates are useful and how to customize them.
Boost Team Spirit: Top 7 Innovative Employee Recognition Ideas
Learn how to boost team spirit with 7 creative employee recognition ideas and examples from top companies